Friday, April 13, 2012

Labor of Love

So, you know how much I love and adore my Daddy.  I mean, I hero worship that guy.  He’s totally selfless.  He’s completely devoted to my family. 

He spent the last two days, from morning ‘til sundown, putting together this blasted playscape.  Not an easy task.  Now I know why several “Handyman” services and area businesses rejected my request to assemble this bad boy.  Nightmare. I know because I helped for 10 minutes and I wanted to pull all my eyelashes out and bang my head against the mini rock wall.
Supervising.
Did I mention that The Trifecta "helped" the entire time?  They did.  They had hammers and drills from their tiny toolkits.  They shouted bits of pieces of conversation at Grandfather while he attempted to read the 965 page set of directions.  “Can I help?” they asked every 10 to 15 seconds.


So, it’s not just the finished product that reflects Grandfather’s love for his granddaughters.  He included them in the process over the last two days.  Now that, my friends, is a labor of LOVE.


1 comment:

  1. Oh how sweet! There is nothing sweeter than watching the grandparents love for their grandchildren

    ReplyDelete