Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hangin' At The Carwash

We didn’t really leave the house for the first year of the Trifecta’s life.  Our pediatrician warned us of the risks involved for preemies of their size.  We didn’t need any convincing. 

On the weekends, for a special treat, Chris and I would load thirty tiny toes into the car during their morning nap time.  I would pop in a classical music cd and The Trifecta would sleep.  Starbucks.  The parents wanted Starbucks.  To begin, we had not slept the night before.  They also served an artesian breakfast sandwich that tasted delicious to me. 
When we felt really wild, we went through the carwash.  By that time we had consumed our Venti Breakfast Blends in one gulp and inhaled our sandwiches.  We knew we had to hurry before the hour of napping reached its end and feeding time began. 

So, when I pulled into the car wash the other day I thought very little about the adventure.  Then it dawned on me.  The girls hadn’t been through the car wash since they were babies!  Should I prepare them?  What would they think?  Would they be scared?
I decided to do what any good mother would do.  I made a video.  



Little moments like these remind me of all the new experiences I will have the priviledge of sharing with my precious girls.


2 comments:

  1. Amy, I swear I'm becoming these girls' stalker. I live to watch these videos. My girls are 11 and 13 and I still have to pay extra to get the pink and purple soap so we can watch it through the sunroom. Some things change, some stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, that was supposed to be sunrooF

    ReplyDelete