Saturday, March 24, 2012



"You can go through life and make new friends every year - every month practically - but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel.”
Alexander McCall Smith, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

My oldest best friend is staying at my house…with her two sons (one of whom is my Godson) and her husband.  It is my special version of heaven.  Our other bestest is getting married tomorrow.  We are happy.
I met Cari and Amanda when I was in eighth grade.  My family had just moved to Austin, Texas from Bloomington, Illinois.  They thought I was a boy in Bloomington, so I pretty much knew that things would improve in Texas.  I don’t know what it is about each of us that drew us together as friends.  But it was wonderful. 

Tomorrow Amanda is getting married. 

Did I mention how happy I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment