Monday, August 20, 2012

It's A Beautiful Day

 Today was a big, beautiful day! 
I started sweating as soon as I woke up...from sleeping two hours.

Elizabeth, Mary Ellis, and Hendley Grace were ready to rumble!

This weekend Mary Ellis asked Uncle Ben, "Will you please take me to school on Monday?"  Because he is the very best Uncle and brother in the whole world, he came along.  This morning Granny asked Mimi, "Are you nervous?"  Mary Ellis answered, "No because Uncle Ben is here."
  Some mothers get a "silly picture" on the first day.  I get a "sassy picture." I didn't even have to ask.
Uncle Ben, Grandfather, and Granny all came along.  Because they are the best, that's why.

Mommy felt very nervous when we arrived at school. Working puzzles helped me feel less anxious.
 
Elizabeth felt unsure (and cried...and screamed) at first.  I believe she was the only precious gem to have such an adverse reaction to the room.  After a trip to the ladies room she felt better. 
Best. Uncle. Ever. SERI-OUS-LY.
Hendley Grace did not feel afraid. She felt ready. 
One of our loving and wonderful teachers.
 
One of my favorite verses.
Uncle Ben and Grandfather hold Hendley's hands as she skips out of school.
Hendley Grace cannot wait to go back to play with blocks.
 
Libby Lou's favorite part of the day was working with puzzles.

After school we went to City Cafe to have a celebration brunch.  We keep it classy.

Mary Ellis has many tricks up her sleeve.  She really loves her teachers.  She would like Spider Man to be another teacher on Wednesday.
What did Mommy learn today?  I learned that school we be held Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  NOT, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  I think that is very important.


No comments:

Post a Comment