Monday, March 25, 2013

Join Me in A Journey


Dear Family and Friends,
I need you to join me on a journey.  On January 4, 2012 my precious friend Ginger Birnbaum told me her newborn son, Kenneth King, had Cystic Fibrosis.  After she shared the news of his diagnosis she said, “Never in a million years would we ask for this, however we are prepared to fight like crazy for his health."

In 2012 King was hospitalized twice.  He takes 40 enzyme capsules a day as well as a long list of other medications, receives between 2 and 4 one and a half hour breathing treatments of albuterol, hypertonic saline, chest physical therapy, and pulmozyme, and receives a 10 hour feed through a gastrointestinal tube at night. The Great Strides Walk gives their family hope.

The Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis is one of the many ways the Birnbaums fight for King. GREAT STRIDES is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's premier event nationwide that raises awareness and funds to treat and cure cystic fibrosis. Great Strides is a platform to bring together various individuals while giving them the opportunity to walk with community leaders and like-minded philanthropists in support of cystic fibrosis research.

I need you to join me on a journey.  The first step is to become a member of Kenneth King’s Believers.  Please walk with my family and me on May 18, 2013.  The walk will take place at Central Magnet School in Murfreesboro, TN.   If you are willing to participate in the walk as a member of our team please email me at amy_aggie98@yahoo.com.  I will send you instructions for registration.

I’m always afraid to ask friends and family to donate money.  However, fundraising is one of the most important components of finding a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.  The money raised through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is directly correlated to King's health and well-being.  I have set a team fundraising goal of $1,000. Please consider making a $10, $20, $50, or $100 (or more!) donation to Kenneth King’s Believers- Team Murfreesboro.   To do so please complete the following steps:

      2)      In the boxes under Find A Walker enter Amy (first) Jackson (last)
      3)   For state of residence, enter: Tennessee
     4)      Click: Find a Walker
      5)      My information will appear on the page.   Double click my name.
      6)      You will arrive at a page titled:  Welcome to Amy’s Great Strides Home Page!
      7)      Click the yellow button that says, Click to Donate.
      8)      Fill out the information and make your donation!

I need you to join me on a journey. In 2009, the median predicated age of survival for CF patients was the mid-30s.  We can change that in King’s lifetime.  Please sign-up to walk with me on May 18 in Murfreesboro at Central Magnet as a member of Kenneth King’s Believers.  Please make a donation to our team.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Watch this to learn more about King!
 

Love,
Amy 

1 comment:

  1. It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. Thanks for the share.

    michelangelo marble

    ReplyDelete