Thursday, November 15, 2012

Worlds Collide

The Trifecta entering the sanctuary...

Remember, that one time on Seinfeld, when George worried that his two worlds were colliding?  Relationship George (the man who spends time with his wife) and Independent George (the George we know around Elaine, Jerry, and Kramer) clash when Elaine wants to get to know his wife.  He called it his, “Worlds Collide Theory.”  It’s one of my favorite episodes because George has a crazy tantrum in which he yells, "Anybody knows... You gotta keep your worlds apart!"

Today, as I watched The Trifecta enter the church sanctuary for their Thanksgiving Program, it occurred to me that my worlds were colliding.  Not in the same way as George of course.  Quite the opposite, actually…all the things I love the most were meeting head-on in one location, at one time. 
My parents sat to my right, my brother and Chris Jackson to my left.  I sat smashed in the middle, in a pew, in a church I adore to tiny pieces.  First Presbyterian Preschool and The Trifecta’s teachers, Ms. Allison and Ms. Tasha…have I mentioned how much I cherish them today?   And then, just when I didn’t think I could take it anymore, The Trifecta; Elizabeth, Hendley, and Mary Ellis, walked into the sanctuary. 

And for a moment I couldn’t breathe.  I couldn’t take the happiness that palpitated inside me.  My worlds were colliding; my parents with my brother with my church, with our preschool, with my husband with my precious children…things that I treasure, in one room, at one time.
But, unlike George, I didn’t have a tantrum.  I did burst into happy tears though. Check out the show: 

1 comment:

  1. That video makes me smile. I can only imagine I will react the same during Olivia's first play in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete